Thursday, July 23, 2009

How to add the Facebook Fan Box on Blogger

An updated version of this guide can be found here: http://maria-tan.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-add-facebook-like-box-on-blogger.html



Please note: 'How to add the Facebook Like Box' is the new version of this post.
The post you are viewing now was made in 2009 and may no longer work.
  1. Get the code for your Facebook Fan Box. This can be done in a few ways, see the image above, or visit the fb Fan Box Wizard.

  2. Sign in to Blogger and go to Layout > Page Elements.

  3. Click Add a Gadget.

  4. Choose Basics > HTML/Javascript

  5. Add a Title and paste the code for your Facebook Fan Box under Content.

  6. Click Save.

  7. Preview and edit again if necessary. You can customize certain settings of the fan box.

  8. Don't forget to Save the changes once you are finished :)

For my sidebar FB Fan Box widget to fit in snugly with my Minima Lefty template, I changed:

fb:fan connections="6"
width="200"
height="554"

Note: The scroll bar doesn't work in preview mode.

12 comments:

  1. Hey Maria, maybe you could help me, too. I am trying to add a facebook fan box on our business blog. Unfortunately, when i follow the above steps, my blog only gets a link to our facebook profile and not the "real" fan box. Any idea?

    Thanx and sunny greetings from Germany

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,

    i see you had successfully bring in the fan box

    i had tried, failed T_T

    is it you have to register smth first?

    i have post this isue at this forum :
    http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1406452/+0&#entry33445058

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Great note!
    But now I'm tryin to add my Profile Box to my blog, I saw that on another blog.
    Could you please tell me how to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Guys,

    As you may have guessed, this post was made over a year ago and there have been many changes to Facebook Pages since then, especially since Facebook's Fan Box was changed to the Like Box.

    For those of you who might still be having trouble, I have posted an updated version of this guide here:

    http://maria-tan.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-add-facebook-like-box-on-blogger.html

    Hope that helps,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

    Digital media

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, I hope it helped. Please be sure to read the updated post at http://maria-tan.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-add-facebook-like-box-on-blogger.html for the latest instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post . thanks for share . im going to share this with my fb friends .

    ReplyDelete